Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clean them palettes in NO time!

Hi again. 
I like to share a journal page that I completed today, inspired by Donna Downey's Inspirational Wednesday video. Her technique was WOWW. Who would have thought??. I like her ideas of creating art out of the 'inspirational mess' you have laying on your table, or for this case ... in your color palettes. I'm like, yeah I have got a few dirty color palettes from God knows when that needed cleaning. Never so excited to clean up until NOW. This is what I created today;

"I am strong when I'm on your shoulders" is from Josh Groban's song 'You Raise Me Up'.

Dirty palettes (inspirational mess). I just peeled the paint off my palettes and scattered them on my journal, like so. They kind of looked gross, but it's totally fun to peel them!. You should try. I now have cleaner palettes. So happy :)). Then I glued all those paint skins on the page. You can use gel medium, let dry and iron them with a craft iron. I'm too lazy and skipped this step. I like the lumpy and bumpy texture on my page so much.


I first painted my page with acrylic yellow and when dried, covered all over it with gesso. When that dried, sprayed over a stencil chalkboard glimmer mist (Cherry Cola). Dabbed the leftover red mist onto the other page. I used baby wipes to clean off the gesso on some of the bigger paint skins, so that their colors showed up. I then drew circles with black india ink, and maybe let some drippage going on here and there :)). Lastly, add inspirational words either handwritten them, or typed. 


I LOVE the rough texture of my page. Wish you could feel them. So, have fun peeling off those palettes and make something simple yet beautiful. And don't forget to link up what you've made in my yesterday's blog post. Who knows you could win something. *wink*.

For everyone's inspiration, check out the video that shows how Donna works her magic here.

XO,
Shahrul

10 comments:

  1. What the heck...This is awesome!!! and dirty color palettes I do have :) I like texture too... the rougher the better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By far, this is the COOLEST technique I have tried. Thanx Donna for inspiring all of us :)).

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is really awesome! Love that Donna is inspiring you to try new fabulous techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Yvonne. I just can't wait her next work :))

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness.. I love this page.. I also love all the wonderful texture.. Very cool...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had doubt at first, but when I just follow my heart and play with paint, it just worked. Thanx Linda.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow.. I never knew this! I got 2 palettes with dry inks. Always too lazy to clean up after a project. Hehe... Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna's a genius :)). I don't think we can peel off dried ink :P. I'm not guilty anymore after knowing this.

      Delete
  5. I was impressed this Donna's masterpiece too)))) cool interpritation!))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olga. I had fun with the technique ONLY after I'd overcame the weirdness of pulling dried paint off the palettes. LOL.

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP