Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Picasso's Quote

Hi again,
I got up at 4.30 this morning, earlier than usual because of ALL that excitement of Venus' Transit. I managed to create a journal page in less than 2 hours' time. I saw Picasso's quote that hung above my studio's door (made this sign for Frilly & Funkie challenge awhile back). I thought I might have that journaled. 

The completed journal page :

I started by sticking many washi tapes and decorative tissue papers on blank pages. Then I filled in the spot I missed with torn kite paper (it feels like handmade rice paper, thin but rough). Washed the pages with gesso and watered-down aqua acrylic paint. After that, dabbed thick aqua paint over punchinella at random. 


Drew some circles with purple artist acrylic ink, let some to drip. On opposite page, drew half circle then turned the page 90 deg and let the ink dripped. Wrote Picasso's quote with correction pen and I did some doodling on masking tapes too.

Do you see a stenciled pattern, peeking through the thin kite paper? I could almost see the pulp too. 

So that's it. I have just one more blank page to completely fill up my 'Happy Soul' art journal. Yay!. I thought I'd never be discipline enough but I almost made it. Can't wait to start a new journal. So addictive. 

Hugs,
Shahrul

10 comments:

  1. That's a cool texture and layers! I see the semi circle on the left like a sun with the dripping inks resembling a solar flares...hehe and in Life; you need to have dream and hope to go on. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know ... both of us have got that 'transit of Venus' fever I think, subconsciously. LOL. Thanks!.

      Delete
  2. WOW Shahrul!!! Love the quote and it looks good on the page and I bet that "studio sign" looks awesome above your studio. Fun things here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh I love this!!!! LOVING the colors and the dripping paint effect!! Thanks for visiting my bloggy!! I appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I've been making dripping artsy mess in my journal lately :). Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. I feel like I've just bathed in a colorful pool of bliss! This is fantastic. I love the handwriting and the quote. The drips and bits and doodles and running ink look fantastic!! What great inspiration and kudos for only having one page left to do. :)

    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    OHHH..also, thanks so much for your very encouraging comment on my altered door. That was wonderful to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you so much for your kind words :).

      Delete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous colors and texture.... love this! Are you on facebook, Shahrul? There's an awesome group called Art Journaling for Women that you should be part of... loads of eye candy over there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marjie, I'll definitely give it a look-see, and maybe stay awhile a little :). Thanks for the info!

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP