Friday, August 24, 2012

twine weeds are a curious thing!

Hello,
I've been enjoying myself on Pinterest lately, admiring so many colors and creativity. To balance that out, I made dark mysterious journal pages about a girl who wanders in the dark :). I guess she is checking out the curious twine weeds!


I cut some twines, arranged and glued them to the pages like weeds. I hand-stitched the other one with black thread. Now it gets weirder. On opposite page, I made thicker weeds using some pumice gel (colored with red acrylic paint) by simply applied the gel over a chevron stencil to mimic the other weeds. Let dry for sometime.


Then dropped some black india ink over the page at random while generously sprayed with water (to spread the ink). Let the weeds be diluted in black ink as well. Also added some red acrylic ink into the mixture. Last I stamped a girl and doodled around her some assuring words with white gel pen. And some around the weeds. The quote seemed perfect for the mysterious pages, I think.

Basically, I just used a 2 color-combo for these pages. Black & red. Could be easily mistaken for a 'vampire' theme page!. Though too early for Halloween. I hope you'd be playing with twines too. 
Have a good Friday!. 
Hugs.

14 comments:

  1. Oh cool!! I did one page resembling Fangorn forest ( lord of the rings); 2 weeks ago. Still haven't post it yet. Lol!
    Clever use of twine ! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Fangorn!. So green & mysterious. Post it, post it. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. WOW, this is GORGEOUS!! Love the twine and weeds idea, the stitching is awesome!! The colors all came together so wonderfully, the girl and words are PERFECT!! I can always see the fun you have in your pages!! VERY CREATIVE!!

    I got my journal out last night too and did 2 and half pages, will post them next week. I was inspired by that color post you did a few days ago. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo hoo, can't wait to see them next week! :)). Maybe you would like to try make tiny weeny postcard-size journals and then tuck them in the PL plastic sleeves, they will add lots of colors to your project too :)). Or maybe add some tiny fabric pages as inserts, oh so cute!. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. Twine is fantastic! I especially loved it the other day when my hot glue gun ran amuck and snagged up the twine to cause chaos and mayhem in my hair!!!!! Only us crafters can appreciate how these mishaps happen. HOWEVER, I must say, I love the placement of your twine in a journal book MUCH better. :) The chevron counterpart is perfect and the softly stamped image with journaling was a lovely little surprise!
    Have a great weekend,
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nasty, wasn't it???. LOL. Yeah, I'm having fun with the weeds :). I wonder what other simple things I could play with?. Thanks, Lisa!. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful! It certainly adds an air of mystery to it also. You're creative journaling comes shining thr every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda!. I'm learning cool things from your pages too, ONE particular is to just play with colors making background for several pages and NOT too worry about having to complete them, let it and come back to them later :). I like to work & complete a page as I go, so I am learning to not rush :).

      Delete
  5. I always love your textures...twine is brilliant here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Shahrul...I love the color here and the twine is so cool! You have such a knack for coming up with inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have incorporated the arrow stencils to almost looking like the trees.. And the little girl stamp is my favorite, and the quote ofcourse goes very well with the whole page! You are so inspiring, dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its totally fun to disguise things :). And yes, you have the most beautiful stamps, LOVE them all!. Hugs.

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP