Sunday, September 2, 2012

'Dream Journal' for Scrappingville

Hello,
I have just completed one of my Scrappingville DT project for September. I'll share the second project in a day or two :). 

I called my first project a 'Dream Journal', filled with various denim-colored pattern papers, empty spaces and pockets to write down random notes, reflections, hopes and dreams.


It's a simple 6 X 6" binder (Zutter) with pattern paper pages and folders. With the ZUTTER 6 X 6" Bamboo Spine Cover-All folder you could stylishly hide the coil binder!. Love it. Although, I still tie ribbons to the spine out of habit, LOL.


It also comes with a plastic 6 X 6" page and an envelope attached to the back cover. You need to punch & bind the plastic page (it will be your very last page) together with your other pages. Put all the pages together just as you would with any Bind-It-All mini album projects. Then, slip the plastic page into the back-cover envelope. This will ensure all the journal pages stay secured in the folder. Super neat!!. 


Every page in the journal has folds and little pockets to keep little notes or tags. You could use chipboard, canvas, fabric or plastic as pages as well. I love the pocket filled with affirmation notes, made out of pattern paper scraps. Could keep markers and pens too!.

Here are some pages inside the journal;

I'm using various beautiful 'Dream' themed stamps out of Sharon Yong's stash. They are the inspiration behind this journal. [I apologized for not been able to name the manufacturers of each stamp used in this project]. 

I'll be teaching this fun journal this month @ Scrappingville. Do check out our September classes schedule for the details :).
Until next, have a good week ahead. 
Hugs!.

Materials used : 
ZUTTER Bamboo Spine Cover-All binder, various Authentique pattern papers, vintage alphabet rub-on, Collection Elements heart chipboards, DCWV page tabs, and washi tapes, fabric scraps, twines, ribbons, eyelets, paperclips, buttons from stash.

7 comments:

  1. I sure would love to visit Scrappingville to learn how to make this book of loveliness! Every last detail is absolutely delectable. I'm geeking out over the nesting doll ribbon! Too many gorgeous details to mention...I need to make a book of my own to include them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you ever come to visit Kuala Lumpur, we'll be happy to teach you anything that strikes your fancy :). Sharon's store is full of delightful things, I'm surprise I could keep my cool that long :).

      Delete
  2. I would glady shred all my clothes to make something this wonderful! Ok, maybe not ALL of them, but a good portion. Sensational work, yet again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You said it best, Lisa! Thanks so much for making me smile :).

      Delete
  3. Love your mix of patterned papers, fabric and stamping... what a neat book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just missed mini albums, LOL. Too much art journaling it seems :).

      Delete
  4. WOW WOW WOW, this is such a pretty book. I love blue and this is making me HAPPY!! How creative and fun with all the patterns and POCKETS!!! Wish I could come to this class, too bad we live so far away. Really love it!!

    The cover is beatufiul as well!!

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP