Saturday, September 8, 2012

seeing red ...

Hi,
Red, red and more red. I'm using my favorite red masking tapes to cover up the journal pages!. Minimal paint today. See if you can pick the photos I was inspired by in 'decidedly red' post here



Yup, no surprise I was inspired by;

* Wooden panels & heart ribbons: used red masking tapes to achieved that red barn wooden panels. Heart ribbons from decoupaged tissue paper. 


* White chandeliers: a little stamping with white gesso.

* Aqua letters: stenciled 'A B C E' with aqua acrylic paint.

* Black spray-paint graffitiI wrote quote with black india ink instead.


A page with little work but marvelous texture. I used very little paint since the masking tapes are already so gorgeously red!. LOVING it.

Have a good weekend everyone!. Wonder what would be the next color inspiration?. Come by Sunday :). 
Hugs.

6 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW, LOOOOOVE THIS!!! I've been thinking about red too since your red post. I LOVE THE IDEA OF BARNS and couldn't think of how to get that barn feeling. Thanks for helping with that, now I too can make a RED PAGE!! Love the quote and the aqua letters just pop off the page. The white also pops and looks cool, great job on it. Thanks for inspiring me today, hope you won't mind me borrowing this idea.

    I can't wait to see the next color, will guess it to be yellow???

    Glad you enjoyed my garden post! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course Dawn. Please do! :). I'm happy when friends inspired by any of my post and actually do something about it :). Yellow is not the next prompt, but I certainly like to have it in the future :). In fact, I have prepared 10 sweet yellow things already but not for Sunday :).

      Delete
  2. I love this! Like that red antique sign I saw in your previous post before!
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...betul. I was really like to copy that antique sign :).

      Delete
  3. Another inspiring page my friend. I LOVE it..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can see Donna Downey's influence in your journal! Is that one of her mole skin journals? She needs that masking tape in her teal color! Do you follow her blog too? I wish you did live closer so we could stalk her together....errr....I mean visit her! lol Thanks for your comment on my blog, always nice to meet a fellow mixed media artist! ( you thought I was going to say stalker, didn't you! lol ) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP